Hi

Stel je hier voor aan de andere gebruikers
andybugz
Ei

Hi

Bericht door andybugz »

Hallo, mijn naam is Andy en ik woon in Wales uk,
Ten eerste kan ik zeggen sorry voor spelfouten want ik ben met behulp van Google om me te helpen , zijn er niet te veel actieve forums kever in het Verenigd Koninkrijk , dus hier is een mooie plek ,
Over mij, ik ben 27 , ik kweek mecynorrhina torquata ugandensis , mecynorrhina polyphemus , p Mulleri , Dorcus , coelorrhina hornimani en Bertherandi . Chlorocala africana oertzeni , zon kevers en Dynastes hercules , im in het proces van het bouwen van een nieuwe terrerium voor mijn kevers ,,
mijn favoriete kever is Chalcosoma Kaukasus Maar ze zijn te moeilijk te vinden in het Verenigd Koninkrijk , dank u voor het feit dat mij hier ,
Mr.B
Megasoma elephas elephas

Bericht door Mr.B »

Welcome aboard Andy!
That's an impressive collection you got there.
Hope you can find your way on this forum.
If not, people are verry willing to help out.

Ciao!

Ben
Pim
Beheerder
Beheerder

Bericht door Pim »

Hi Andy,

Welcome here at the forum.

Don't worry about spelling mistakes, we Dutch people make them constantly :D
We also know that Google Translate is far from perfect.

You do have a wonderful collection of beetles already. Very nice!
Are you planning to come to the Netherlands for beetles some day?

Wishing you lots of fun here at the forum.

Pim
Hansje Pansje
Protaetia speciosissima

Bericht door Hansje Pansje »

Hi Andy, welcome here ! Nice collection you have :D Do you keep your beetle in one terrarium or do you have a terrarium for each species ? If you have pics, please feel free to upload them ;-) Don't worry about the grammar, my English isn't perfect either.
Im curious :mrgreen: how do you buy your larvae/beetle in the UK ? Do you have insect fairs ? Or reptile fairs where the also beetles available? Or does everything goes by internet ?
Cetonio
Parend imago

Bericht door Cetonio »

Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum.
You can ask your questions in English if you'd like, most people speak English nicely here.
Kol, Nicolai
andybugz
Ei

Bericht door andybugz »

Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome!
Cetonio schreef:Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum.
You can ask your questions in English if you'd like, most people speak English nicely here.
Kol, Nicolai
Thanks, I wanted to try with Google translate but if everyone is happy with me using English then great,
Hansje Pansje schreef:Hi Andy, welcome here ! Nice collection you have :D Do you keep your beetle in one terrarium or do you have a terrarium for each species ? If you have pics, please feel free to upload them ;-) Don't worry about the grammar, my English isn't perfect either.
Im curious :mrgreen: how do you buy your larvae/beetle in the UK ? Do you have insect fairs ? Or reptile fairs where the also beetles available? Or does everything goes by internet ?
Thanks, I have the pachnoda, chlorocala africana oertzeni, and some extra mecynorrhina housed together, the others are all seperate, or in breeding tubs,
I'll add some pics soon once my new terrerium is finished.
Your English is great.
There are not a great deal of breeders in the uk at the moment, and only usually larvae available not beetles! There are tarantula fairs that have a small amount of insects and beetles but they are about 5 hours drive from where I live,
I've bought my larvae from ebay and 2 breeders that I have deals with,
Finding stag beetle and rhino beetles are difficult,
Pim schreef:Hi Andy,

Welcome here at the forum.

Don't worry about spelling mistakes, we Dutch people make them constantly :D
We also know that Google Translate is far from perfect.

You do have a wonderful collection of beetles already. Very nice!
Are you planning to come to the Netherlands for beetles some day?

Wishing you lots of fun here at the forum.

Pim
Thanks, you all use English great, I would love to visit the Netherlands on a beetle trip but I wouldn't know where to start, is the hobby quite large there, are beetles easy for you to buy?
Mr.B schreef:Welcome aboard Andy!
That's an impressive collection you got there.
Hope you can find your way on this forum.
If not, people are verry willing to help out.

Ciao!

Ben
Thanks, I hope to keep the collection growing,
And the forum seems great I can guess my way thru some and translate other parts so it's not to bad, thankyou tho, im sure I may have to ask for help once or twice especially when Google translate is wrong,
Looking forward to being on here,
once again thank you all
Cetonio
Parend imago

Bericht door Cetonio »

On the 19th and 20th of november, there is the Vivarium fair. It is a fair for reptiles, fishes etc.
But the forum has got a stand there every year too. It isn't very big, but it is not expensive and it's reliable.
Hansje Pansje
Protaetia speciosissima

Bericht door Hansje Pansje »

In the Netherlands it still isn't a common hobby but we trying to change that :D Insects like beetle, praying mantis and stick / leaf insects are a kind of side effect on reptile fairs. Some of the bigger fairs have some beetle but it isn't a steady flow. Like Cetonio said, this forum promotes the beetle hobby on the biggest vivarium fair of Europe. Also there are some beetle and larvae for sell, from us and other sellers/hobbyists. Every year stands getting bigger and every year there is more stock. It isn't big according to the insect fairs in Mons Belgium, Paris France or Frankfurt Germany but it is a beginning. We want to create a permanent position for insects on that fair. Personally I buy my stuff here on the forum, fairs in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and by the internet from Europe and Taiwan.
If your looking for some species you can always post a wanted ad hereviewforum.php?f=15
There's always a member who breed them or knows who breeds or sells them.
Rick97
L2

Bericht door Rick97 »

Welcome on our beautiful forum Andy! :D

One question though: are there a lot of beetle breeders in the UK?
For example, in Germany there are a lot of them, here in the Netherlands we have
a small but enthousiastic group of breeders, and, as far as I can tell, the number
of Dutch breeders and keepers of insects is slowly increasing.

At least you've got a nice stock of beetles. Which one is your favourite if I may ask?
Insecten zijn ondergewaardeerde huisdieren...
andybugz
Ei

Bericht door andybugz »

Hansje Pansje schreef:In the Netherlands it still isn't a common hobby but we trying to change that :D Insects like beetle, praying mantis and stick / leaf insects are a kind of side effect on reptile fairs. Some of the bigger fairs have some beetle but it isn't a steady flow. Like Cetonio said, this forum promotes the beetle hobby on the biggest vivarium fair of Europe. Also there are some beetle and larvae for sell, from us and other sellers/hobbyists. Every year stands getting bigger and every year there is more stock. It isn't big according to the insect fairs in Mons Belgium, Paris France or Frankfurt Germany but it is a beginning. We want to create a permanent position for insects on that fair. Personally I buy my stuff here on the forum, fairs in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and by the internet from Europe and Taiwan.
If your looking for some species you can always post a wanted ad hereviewforum.php?f=15
There's always a member who breed them or knows who breeds or sells them.
There really doesn't seem like much interest around here for beetles, there are only a handfull of active breeders,
I'll have to talk the wife into a holiday that collides with the vivarium fair,hehe
I'm yet to buy from Taiwan, the postage puts me off, I'll wait till im going to place a big order I think,
The only beetle im searching for is chalcosoma Caucasus I think, tho I would love goliathus again!
Rick97 schreef:Welcome on our beautiful forum Andy! :D

One question though: are there a lot of beetle breeders in the UK?
For example, in Germany there are a lot of them, here in the Netherlands we have
a small but enthousiastic group of breeders, and, as far as I can tell, the number
of Dutch breeders and keepers of insects is slowly increasing.

At least you've got a nice stock of beetles. Which one is your favourite if I may ask?
Thanks, as said above not many breeders at all, there used to be quite afew breeders about 4 years but there no longer active,
Well the forum is great and everyone seems very kind and welcoming so thanks,

I'm not sure if I have a favorite beetle, I forgot to mention I have Allomyrina Dichotoma too, I quite like there characters, I love p mulleri for there striking colours,
I've loved dorcus alcides as that was my first beetle, also I love the smaller species that ive owned, like hornimanni as there always flying about or breeding, so fun to watch, what is your favourite? what are the common beetles over there?
Plaats reactie